Saturday, March 03, 2007

Under Carriage Soundproof

Ok. Went to AutoSavers to do the 3M undercarriage protection spray. Drove the car in, the wheels came off and the car was hoisted up.



They peeled out the "banana leaf" cover for the wheel arches to expose the metal underneath. So the 3M coating is applied between the chasis and the wheel arch.



This is the before and after pictures for the wheel section...



As I've done the front wheel arch with the foam sprays, they could not do it anymore so I left it as it was. The under carriage was also sprayed.



This protection spray is also anti-rust protection for the under carriage and comes with a 10 years warranty. Cost of the project is S$648, together with the sunroof soundproofing with 3M thinsulate. That's to be arranged seperately as I don't have time to do everything at one go.

Incidentaly, this is the first time that I saw my donut ring!!



After the session, went to my god mother's place for dinner and the battery went dead. Again. Realised that I forgot to switch off the radio and the whole 4 hours it was at Autosavers, it was turned on. Thank goodness Thomas and gang was still at Audio Concept and within 25 minutes of the call, my car was alive again.

Cheers,

No comments: