Friday, April 21, 2006

More new stuff for my wish!!

Finally installed an alarm for my car! As usual, you end up installing more frills than what you originally intended to. So in the end, the damage was:

01. Smartlock 1 way alarm at S$180
02. Smartlock immobiliser with fuel and starter cut at S$200
03. Auto Fold and Reverse Tilt module for side mirror at S$180
04. Sound proofing for 3rd row seat and rear wheel arch at S$200

To be honest, I really like the Magicar alarm system from Korea. Comes with loads of feature at only S$320. However, X model users will lose the remote function of their car key and you have to carry an additional LCD controller. As if I don't have enough stuff in my pockets. So in the end, opted for a simple 1 way alarm system from Smart Lock. I thought the immobiliser with card key was a hassle, but it seems that you can leave it in the car and remove it when you need the added security. Cheap protection I suppose, hopefully it works when you need it.

I've always like the auto folding mirrors! Just leave the car and lock it, it folds! And now, with the reverse tilt, my left mirror automatically tilts downwards to help with curb side visibility during parking. Best of all, whenever you see your side mirrors folded, you know you've locked your car. Cool!





As for the 3rd row seat and rear wheel arch sound proofing, I admit it may amount not to much further sound reduction. Just an indulgence.

Cheers,

No comments: