Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Clear Side Signal Marker


Ok. Finally got around to getting the original Toyota side marker. Cost only S$18 each from Ric Tat at Owen Road. Compared to the original version on the Toyota Wish, this one looks a lot nicer. Definitely water proof and carries the E13 marking. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that this marker is totally clear, which means you actually need an orange bulb. So I didn't buy one. Robin is going to help me buy the bulb later today.
The original Toyota Wish version actually has an orange panel so it uses a white bulb. I should have checked before I picked up the side marker as the bulb were also available. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'll fix everything up later tonight if the guys are meeting up. I'm sure Robin would have bought the bulb by then. I already have the chrome trim pictured above. It's from Welstar and cost only S$15. Actually, the above picture is from wireless' car during one of the earlier gatherings. Ideally, I would like this thick chrome trim. Not quite common in Singapore.
Incidentally, the above is the common crystal tail side signal marker commonly available here. Terrible quality and it's not waterproof. Understand that it's from Thailand.
Anyway, I'm going to pass my original side market set to Grant from Taiwan as he's coverting his Taiwan Wish to the JDM model. Besides, it will look great on a white Wish.
Cheers,

No comments: