Monday, September 11, 2006

Bonnet soundproofed!!

When Silent Soundproofing at Commonwealth again (despite the previous bad experience) since I was there for lunch. I wanted to enquire about the following:
  1. Firewall Soundproofing
  2. Bonnet Soundproofing
  3. Under carriage soundproof coating
  4. Roof Soundproof

The undercarriage would take a full day and the earliest they could do it is from 25 Sep. Since I'm out of town, looks like this is not going to be an option in the near future.

The firewall...they don't seem confident. Also, they have elastic pricing. I was quoted S$550 the last time, now, they want about S$800. Also, they hardly do this type of sound proofing. So far, they've done it on an old beat up Mazda. Never for Toyota Wish. I'm certainly not going to be the first one. They can't guarantee that they can put back the dashboard and claims that Stamford Tyre should be able to do a good job. However, Silent's promises have always fall short.

Anyway, decided to do the bonnet soundproof since I was already there. Left my car there at 2 pm, expecting to collect it at 3 pm. When I went there at 3.10 pm, they haven't started on it yet. Jeez.. Anyway, a shoddy job as usual.

You can see the material sticking out from the edges. And instead of the S$40 previously committed, Shan, said it was S$60. In the end, she revised the price to S$45. Fish market style pricing. Ridiculous.

And on the ride back....no difference. S$45 down the drain. Perhaps it quieter from the outside. We'll see..

Cheers,

No comments: