Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Chrome accent

Somehow, with my hyper black colored rims and black door handles, the car looks exceptionally dark when viewed from the side. I've more or less decided on a chrome accent at the following areas to lighten/brighten up the overall external feel of the car.

  • Full chrome Door handles
  • Door protector with thin chrome trim
  • Chrome garnish for side signal light
  • VVT-I logo below side signal light
  • Silver color/Chrome sports rim

My rims are only 7 weeks old at this point in time and it's probably not a great idea to change it, but if I do, it'll only cost me S$200. Tempting indeed.

Anyway, after looking around for quite a while, finally found a place to do my full replacement chrome door handles without damaging my door sound proofing. Also, they have the type with only 1 keyhole for the X model. Most I see on the market comes with 2 keyholes for the XE models. Apparently, these are original Toyota OEM parts. Excellent fit. Damage: S$188. The stick-on type chrome door handle covers are only about S$65, but it doesn't work for me. The feel is just not right. I prefer the solid feel of the full replacement handles.

And here's a full side profile. The difference is not so noticable during the day.

So, the door protector's next and perhaps the VVT-I logo after. The side signal light chrome garnish is one elusive accessory to find. Here's a picture taken off a Japanese site. Exactly what I want to do for my car!!

Cheers,

No comments: