Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Scratches and dents

It's inevitable. Got a dent and a bad scratch on my car recently.

Both were from parking lots. The scratch is probably from an idiot of a bus driver I saw near my car when I left my vehicle at the lot. Thank goodness there was no other damage except for the scratch. Since the bumper is black in color, it's not too obvious. Will probably get the spray painters to touch up when I have the chance.

The dent was quite obvious on the black car as the reflection is distorted. Here's a picture of the dent which seems quite marginal, but when you actually see the reflection, you will know how serious it is.

Anyway, I got the dent fixed at Painless Dent Removal at www.pdr.com.sg for S$30. Hopefully, I don't get any more of these for quite a while.

Given the circumstances, I'm considering bumper guards and door protectors for my Wish. There don't seem to be too many options on the market, but I've seen a few....

Here's one from my friend 'wishfever'. This is by far the best fitting of the lot, stretching end to end.


This is taken off the web, but it seem just a tad too short. Could have been from Toyota Altis.

This is also off a Taiwanese website and is perfect from me. Hopefully the one I ordered from Anthony is the same as this one. S$145 for peace of mind. Hope it works.

As for bumper protectors, I'm getting the simple ones from Razo and spray it to body color so that it won't be too obvious. Hopefully, it will be discreet enough not be be an eyesore.

Cheers,

No comments: