Wednesday, May 24, 2006

To change or not to change..

Went out with the boys to the tyre shops and saw a few options. Really tempted to change my sports rims again. As I've said earlier, it's kind of hard to justify when the current set that is only 7 weeks old. But I've grown weary of the dark look with the hyper black chrome rims on my black ride.

This is my ideal rims, Zuenglein from D.A.D., Japan. But at S$650 a piece, I think I'll pass.


This is one of those in consideration. Simple, fairly visible, even at night. And it looks bigger that it actually is. This is Fusion, S028, from Stamford tyres.


I've grown to like this one very much too. It's from RM, 4149 and it looks a bit like a shield plate. Got influence by Jason (a.k.a. fatdad), who is looking for something similar, but in polished chrome. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use this rims as it's a bit thin. I'm currently using 7.5 X 17 and this one is 7 X 17. We'll see if it's available and if it'll fit.


If all goes well, I'll just have to fork out another S$200 for a Taiwanese rims. Considering that I don't have to spray my brake calipers red anymore and that's a savings of S$100. It's not too bad. If I didn't buy the dummy rear disc brake cover, then it will definitely be justified.

Cheers,

No comments: