Tuesday, May 09, 2006

UV protected!





After much research on the different types of film, I finally went and did it! Went to look for Kelvin from Ezy Tint at Ubi to do up my Solar films today. Opted for the 3M Purecut 80 package with 86% Visible Light Transmission to ensure LTA compliance (yes, what a hassle). It has 99.9% UV (Ultra Violet) ray rejection and 95% IR (Infra Red) ray rejection. Did a touch test earlier and it does make a a whole lot of difference, especially when compared to other films. The reasons why I've decided to put in 3M films is:

  1. UV protection for the skin and car interior
  2. Heat protection for comfort
  3. Reduce glare for driving comfort/safety
  4. Prevent shattering of broken glass
  5. 3M has lifetime warranty on product, including color change
Overall, the films were very well applied on the vehicle. Obviously they have done this a lot of times. No bubbles, scratches. However, I can't wind down the windows for 48 hours till the film has dried. Otherwise, I may dislodge the film. Small matter. Total damage at S$1100. Not the cheapest 3M deals, but I'm happy with the service provided.


Now that I have solar films, leather seats will be next! Have already confirmed with Tomo leather for a black full leather interior (seats plus side door panels.) Need to get the armrest passenger side armrest soon before I send the car in.

Cheers,

No comments: