Saturday, May 06, 2006

My car is one month old!

Feels good to be behind the wheels of my new toy again. The car is now just passed one month old.

Anyway, installed 3 new Original Toyota items on the car yesterday. As usual, ended up with more than I bargained for when I went to the workshop, WishWerks. Not that I'm complaining. Intended to install a simple rear dummy disc brake cover, purely ornamental, but makes the rear wheel set look less filmsy, left with the following instead..



These are fog lamps. Useful for foggy or heavy rainly drives to increase visibility for the driver in front. In our climate, not exactly the most practical, but does brighten up the black colored car in the front substantially. Cost S$350 per set.



Pedal set with foot rest. Again, an ornamental enhancement, but it sure does feel nice and cool if you are driving barefooted. Cost S$130 per set.



Inner boot tray. The one I got was slightly different from the one in the picture. I have the Original Toyota Thailand version, which is a kind of soft preformed material. This will be practical if you some some wet/soiled stuff to carry and as this is easily removable for washing. Cost S$48.

The dummy rear disc cover could not be installed as my rims had anti-theft knobs on. So I have to go back to Poh Heng to get them as Justin did not give them to me when I installed the tyres and rims.

Also went the Toyoto Wish Club West gathering at farmart last night. Had a blast of a time there and everyone is so friendly. Learn so many things along the way. Great for first time car owners.

My WISH list is now slight shorter and more organised.

Performance:
01. OWS air filter
02. Steel brake hose
03. Water temp, Oil temp and Volt meters
04. Tein or TRD Coilover


Interior:
05. 3M 86% VLT solar films
06. 2 tone leather seats
07. Ash Grey Wood colored control and side panels
08. 3M car mats
09. Sound Proof rear door, firewall and roof
10. Original Toyota arm left rest
11. GPS system


Exterior:
12. Side LED mirror
13. Door protectors with thin or no chrome trims
14. Clear signal light with chrome trims
15. Red brake caliper
16. Dummy disc brake cover
17. Weld on exhaust pipe
18. HID front lamp


I was quite keen on a bodykit initially, but now, it's in consideration after the prep talk by Novaol and Robin (skyeverob). Unless it's an offer I can't refuse, otherwise, I may pass on this. Old man like me should be more down to earth.....

Cheers,

No comments: