Friday, June 16, 2006

Fuel Consumption

Toyota Wish is reputated for it's fuel efficiency. Some of my friends get as much as 13 to 14 km/L in terms of mileage. However, with my heavy footed driving style, I normally get about 9.5 km/L. This is also in part due to the fact that almost 90% of my driving is in city traffic. So it's start, stop, start, stop.....you get the idea.

Anyway, I decided to try to go lighter on the fuel pedal and monitor my fuel consumption (FC) to see if it gets any better. Especially since I've changed to the EZ Voltage stabliser and light weight crank pulley.



On the first quarter of the tank, I manage to do 200 km. I was sure it was at the quarter mark, but when I turned off the engine, the needle seems to have dipped a little. Anyway, we'll see how it goes when we hit half tank.

Cheers,

No comments: