Thursday, June 29, 2006

TRD sports thermostat installed!

Went to Team Sportivo to check out a few things, namely suspension, stabilizer bars as well as the sports thermostat and radiator cap. In the end, installed the sports thermostat and the radiator cap for S$294. Hopefully, the fan kicks in less and the car is quieter as a result of a cooler engine, especially during engine idle.

Also decided to get the TRD Sportivo shock absorber and springs. Basically, the full suspension set.



Unlike the other suspension or coilover, this is not adjustable. It lowers the ride for better handling and comfort. More of a middle ground between performance types like Tein and the stock/original Toyota ones. Given my driving style, this would be a more feasible option for me, but at a cost of S$1780. More details at http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_sportivo.html
However, to maximise the handling capablities, I'm short of the lower front stablizer bar. It actually only comes as a complete 2 piece set (front and rear) and is only shown on the original Toyota Wish site in Japan.

This set is in White color, as oppose to the standard blue option of the rear stablizer bar. Just as well anyway, I like the white ones. This will be a S$980 exercise.
So these items are on order and will hopefully arrive end July. Just as well as I'm going to be out of town for the most part of July.
Also picked up the TRD fuel cap, which is a plastic add on, purely for comestic purpose. I saw it on Henry's car earlier and liked it very much. The chap at the workshop said that it would be nice if I could change my fuel door to the transparent type. For me, it does not matter even if it's not visible. I'll still enjoy it just the same. Also, picked up two TRD epoxy and chorme stickers as well. S$100 for a few pieces of ornamental plastic. I'm such a sucker.
By the way, dropped the idea of the HKS open pod filter. The mounting brackets were not complete. Besides, I'm concerned about the noise.
Cheers,

No comments: